Hamilton Housing Support Service provides 24 hour support to people who require a high level of support
to manage their mental health and maintain independent living. Our service mainly operates in and around the Hamilton area.
- Encourage development of strengths and skills.
- Enable people to take greater control of their own lives, promoting recovery and resilience.
- Support people to identify and achieve their hopes and aspirations.
- Support people to use their local community.
- Support people to remain in their own home and reduce the likelihood of hospital admission during periods of crisis.
Individual support is provided which focuses on the outcomes identified in your personal supported living and aspiration plans. These are negotiated with your key worker. Examples may include:
- Support to manage your tenancy and home security.
- Support with medication and personal care.
- Improving your budgeting skills.
- Managing your money including appointeeship.
- Support to access benefits advice.
- Accessing meaningful activities in your local community.
How do I get Started?
All referrals come from Social Work Department.
You will be assigned a key worker who will negotiate an individual plan of support which details the specific service you will receive.
The service is voluntary and available for as long as you need it. You can end this service whenever you wish; however we would encourage you to discuss this with your care team as part of your review.