LAMH individual support service provides short term support as part of the community mental health services in North Lanarkshire
and is available to people 16 years and over that are experiencing a significant deterioration in their mental health. We also provide support to people who are being discharged from hospital.
Information for Referrers
How to Refer
A referral to the service must be made in writing using LAMH referral form. Information should highlight any areas of risk/concern and give clear information about the nature and timing of support requested.
The senior Social Worker (NLC) and the team leader (NHS) will have the delegated responsibility to scren and authorise referrals to the LAMH service for individual service user. PLS can make referrals for individuals know to LAMH.
In the abscence of the LAMH locality team leader, referrals should be made to the LAMH Duty Worker by telephone. Referrals can be made between 8:30am - 8:00pm.
What to expect
- Fast acess to support following receipt of referral from your CPN or Social Worker or Mental Health Professional.
- A named key worker who will work with you to develop an initial action plan that focuses on your immediate needs. This plan will be updated regularly to reflect your changing support needs.
- Access to planned support 7 days per wek 8am -10pm as agreed with you and your referrer.
- Information and access to a range of self-management tools such as My Rap, Stress Control to enable you to develop improved coping mechanisms.
- Information and access to community activities/supports such as welfare benefits debt advice, housing, leisure, volunteering etc.
- A planned exit from the service usually within 12 weeks.